I'm stupidly smiley and happy this morning. Must be all the glorious sunshine! (And I'm still a little bit giddy from seeing the maned wolf on Saturday - must find a way to work a maned werewolf into a future novel).
Anyway, where are we at? Wild
is back with my Fearless Agent, who's re-reading the changes and promises to get back to me soon and send it out on submission (barring any further changes *quakes*). So:Writing Life
(in no particular order)
1. Finish Earthbound for Queer Light anthology
- waiting to hear back on this one.
2. Rewrite Wild for my Fearless Agent. First three chapters must be done by 23rd March. Shouldn't be a problem.
Actually ended up rewriting the whole second half from scratch, then adding in a further 11k last week to accommodate a few suggestions and questions from my Fearless Agent. Am now sick to death of werewolves. (Nah, not really).
3. Finish Demonised
, an Ethan Banning novella, for submission to Damnation Books - this is definitely the next project. Got 13k already down, and really want to finish this off before the end of April (which won't happen, but there is a bank holiday weekend coming up, so we can but try).
4. Start on BAD DOGS, the sequel to SILVER KISS - This is my May project, another reason to finish Demonised
as soon as possible.
5. Continue with Afterburn
, the sequel to AFTERLIFE. - Yep, still on the list, except I'm changing the title back to Halflife
decided to steal the original plot for another novel to be written in the future
had a rethink on the storyline and came up with a much, much better idea for Yasmin's second adventure.
The Queer Gothic
anthology is due for release soonish, so I should have edits for Moths
forthcoming too.Real Life
1. Keep job-hunting! Must be in new job before the summer if possible - Got an interview on Wednesday (hmm, need to tell my boss, actually).
2. Start house-hunting. Must be in new house before the summer. I will not spend another winter in this glorified cowshed - We've got three places to look at this week, and fingers crossed one will be right, because I am just not paying the extra rent on the cowshed. chaostheory
has already found herself new digs (sob!) which makes me sad for myself but happy for her, because she's going to be saving money and living with awesome people.